DRC may be for you if ....
- You have interests and goals that are not being met by your current educational environment.
- You are feeling Bored, Anxious, or Disenfranchised.
- You are seeking a hands on, interactive, and dynamic environment where you can be creative, imaginative, inventive, and curious, explore and make mistakes, get your feet wet, both figuratively and literally, follow your dreams and spread your wings - with a community of folks who will accept you as you are and support you, unconditionally, in all of those things .
- You understand that learning happens everywhere.
- Above all - you are ready to take charge of your education and life!
Two Month Trial Membership includes:
Trial Period Evaluation
- Access to Deep Root Center facilities, programs, staff, resources and equipment for hands-on creative and DIY projects, personal research or study, and socializing during our daily hours of operation, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday- 8:30-3:30.
- Development of family homeschooling plan and personal life plan
- Mentoring relationship with Core staff member
- Access to the Water, Woods, & Wild Wonders outdoor excursions every Tuesday.
- Group classes at Deep Root Center
- One on One classes at Deep Root Center
- Invitations to trips and special workshops as appropriate
- Support to design and complete all academic and hands-on projects, transcripts, and portfolios
- Support to find volunteer opportunities, internships, and jobs outside of Deep Root Center
- Support to find classes outside of Deep Root Center
Trial Period Evaluation
- A meeting will be scheduled two months after the student joins DRC. This meeting will be a time for reflection from all parties: the student, parents, and DRC staff using the DRC list of expectations and recommendations, as well as personal experiences, to decide whether it is worth going forward for all involved.
- If it is agreed that things have not worked out and this is not the right environment, then the student will either continue homeschooling on their own, using DRC consultation services, if desired, or they will return to Public School. DRC staff will help facilitate either scenario.
- Once you have completed the trial period and it is determined that DRC is the best possible educational environment for you - you and your family will complete the permanent membership application and financial contract.
- Permanent membership includes all of the above list, as well as periodic check-ins with staff and parents as needed.